3.1.07

14th January 7.45am Brisbane


We're home! After five weeks away and a final fourteen hour leg with not much sleep, we all really appreciate being back on Australian soil.

Now, three months later, we look back on our trip with nostalgia - or at least I do. It's like having a baby - you soon forget the bad bits! Not that there were many. All in all it was a positive experience for all of us, and I do not regret any of it (even the frustrating parts). I would not do such a big trip with four people and a wheelchair again, mainly because I'm getting too old for it, but I would strongly recommend that anyone thinking of doing an overseas trip with someone with a disability but having second thoughts, don't let travel agents or red tape get in your way. It can be done, and you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment